A few photos from the Fearless Caregiver Conference in Cooper City, Florida!
Mobile Physician Services Blog
Read our latest news and updates here. If you have any specific questions, try our FAQs page.
Once again due to our team’s hard work and due diligence, Mobile Physician Services is proud to announce that it has achieved Patient Centered Medical Home Recognition!
NCQA’s Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Recognition program was developed to identify medical practices that have invested in a model of care that puts patients at the forefront and where continuous quality improvement is a priority.
- NCQA is an independent, not-for-profit organization dedicated to assessing and reporting on the quality of managed care plans, managed behavioral healthcare organizations, preferred provider organizations, new health plans, physician organizations, credentials verification organizations, disease management programs and other health-related programs.
- NCQA accredits and certifies a wide range of health care organizations and manages the evolution of HEDIS®, the performance measurement tool used by more than 90 percent of the nation’s health plans.
Research shows that PCMHs improve quality and the patient experience, and increase staff satisfaction—while reducing health care costs. Practices that earn recognition have made a commitment to continuous quality improvement and a patient-centered approach to care.
For practices to receive this Recognition, they must meet standards in six areas:
- Team Based Care and Practice Organization: Practices are evaluated on leadership structure, care team responsibilities, how they engage with patients, families and caregivers.
- Care Management and Support: Practice clinicians use care management protocols to help them identify patients who need closely managed care.
- Know and Manage Patients: Practices must meet standards for data collection, medication reconciliation and evidence-based clinical decision support.
- Care Coordination and Care Transitions: Practices ensure that primary and specialty care clinicians share information and manage patient referrals.
- Patient-Centered Access and Continuity: Practices provide patients with convenient access to clinical advice and continuity of care.
- Performance Measurement and Quality Improvement: Practices have processes for measuring their performance and for quality improvement activities.
NCQA is a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. NCQA accredits and certifies a wide range of health care organizations. It also recognizes clinicians and practices in key areas of performance. NCQA’s Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) is the most widely used performance measurement tool in health care. NCQA’s website (ncqa.org) contains information to help consumers, employers and others make more-informed health care choices. NCQA can be found online at ncqa.org, on Twitter @ncqa, on Facebook at facebook.com/NCQA.org/ and on LinkedIn linkedin.com/company/ncqa/.
The American Academy for Home Care Medicine (AAHCM) collaborated with Information Matrix to create a short documentary to be distributed to public television stations in all 50 states to spread the awareness on the power of home care medicine.
This video was provided by the AAHCM. More information can be found at www.aahcm.org/Resources
Mobile Physician Services, Inc.
6804 Cecelia Drive
New Port Richey, FL 34653
Fax: (888) 546-0488
Mobile Physician Services, Inc. - Ohio office
4031 Colonel Glenn Hwy, Ste.133
Beavercreek, OH 45431